Who are we looking for to serve as a B.C.M. Student Summer Missionary?
Is active in a local church or in BCM, and campus activities.
(While some assignments require students to be Baptist, many assignments are generally open to non-Baptists. If you are not Baptist, you need to understand Baptist beliefs and be willing to work in the context of those beliefs.)
Is a maturing Christian who exhibits these qualities:
- Comfortable in different environments
- Able to be flexible, non-judgmental, open and accepting
- Grounded in biblical faith
- Comfortable sharing your faith
- Have an understanding of servanthood
- Willing to live and work in mission settings not designed for the missionary's convenience
- Good physical and emotional health with no health problems that would impair service
- Be adaptable and use common sense
- Has a 2.0 GPA at the time of service (Failure to do so will disqualify you from being able to serve.).
- Has taken classes at least one semester of the current academic year and has completed the freshmen year (approximately 30 hours).
How about it? If you have questions concerning these qualifications, please see your campus minister or contact the North Carolina Campus Ministry Team. These qualifications are in place to insure that everyone involved in the "Missions" experience has the best experience possible.